The Madison County Solid Waste Ordinance was adopted in 1999. A complete ordinance can be obtained by contacting us. A few issues addressed by the policy are:
- Dead Animals & loose waste should be covered when hauling.
- Garbage shall not be left outside the gates.
- Loads of waste are subject to random waste screening.
- Violations of the ordinance are punishable by fines and penalties.
- NC law prohibits open burning.
North Carolina regulations require each county to recycle. The State has also established a goal with incentives to reduce the amount of waste being landfilled. Madison County has benefitted from the incentives by receiving recycling grants and has been favorably acknowledged by the State for its recycling program. All material collected for recycling will be marketed. In order to do that, certain quality standards must be met. Items must be clean, free of bags, trash, and other contaminants and sorted properly. Call us or check with an attendant if you have questions. Thanks for recycling!
2013 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Schedule
- Wednesday, April 24th
- Wednesday, May 29th
- Wednesday, June 26th
- Wednesday, July 31st
- Wednesday, August 28th
- Wednesday, September 25th
All collections will be held from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at the
Madison County Landfill
Materials will be charged for at HHW Collections (excluding pesticides)
Contact Amanda Cutshaw @ 828-649-2311 for more information.