The Madison County Board of Commissioners is the elected governing board authorized by the state of North Carolina to exercise and discharge legislative responsibilities within the county. The five-member board is elected in partisan, even-year elections.
Newly elected members take office on the first Monday in December, following the election. A chairman is selected by the board from among its members. The board meets on the second Tuesday of each month in the Madison County Courthouse and at other times designated by the Board and notified to the public. All meetings are open to the public, and the minutes of meetings are open to public inspection.
Board of Commissioners Chair - Sue Vilcinskas
Board of Commissioners Vice-Chair - Jim Baker
Commissioner - C. William Briggs
Commissioner - Hall Moore
Commissioner - Wayne Brigman
To contact the Commissioners call the County Administration office at (828) 649-2854 or email Administrative Assistant Marla Gouge at email@example.com.
Madison County Board of Commissioners agendas will be posted on this page prior to the meeting.
Board of Commissioners
April 09, 2013 7:00 P.M.
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence
1. Agenda Approval
2. Approval of March 11, 2013 Minutes
3. Chad Bandy – NC DOT Secondary Roads Construction Program
4. Public Hearing – Madison High School Auditorium Proposal
5. Karen Kiehna – Grant Updates
6. Robin Merrell – Pisgah Legal Services Presentation
7. Jana Cantrell – Fire Department Boundary Lines
8. Joshua Norton – Hot Springs Fire Department
9. Connie Harris – Social Services
10. Jan Shepard – Health Department
11. Sallie Klipp – Public Library
12. Jim Huff – Solid Waste Department
13. Pete Orthman
14. Sue Vilcinskas – Personnel
Child Care Provider Appreciation Day
15. Jim Baker – Madison County Animal Control Ordinance
USDA Watershed Protection Assistance
Road Addition Petition
Hot Springs Library Lease
16. Darlyne Rhinehart – March Financial Report
Budget Amendment #10
Property Tax Releases
Vehicle Tax Releases
17. Hall Moore - Personnel
18. Public Comment
19. Closed Session